Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Choir of angels



Hi everybody, I had a surprise trip to Kijabe yesterday for 24 hours. Kijabe is where we served last year and so it was fun to ride with a missionary wife who was visiting her son at the Rift Valley Academy for his 14th birthday.  

I renewed a few friendships and had a fun visit staying in a dorm with 16 8th grade girls.  Their  house mother became a good friend of mine through a Bible Study.  I have a new appreciation for her after being there a few hours!  Wow,  I had forgotten what giggle boxes 8th grade girls can be; especially when you get 16 living together!  It was poignant to go to their nightly devotions when they discussed whether or not they had ever really heard God speak to them.  Many of their comments were really insightful. God spoke to them through their friends, or when they were feeling lonesome, or through nature, or through reading the Bible or talking to the Lord through prayer.  It was a precious time especially when I think that these kids are apart from their families for a good part of the year and truly must often feel the need of God's presence in their loneliness.

I returned to the nursery as soon as I got back.  The twins are all growing and I am still helping, but I am also NG tube feeding a little girl whose mom is very sick and has not even been able to hold her yet. (she is 5 days old).  This little one is so thin and needs some love and bonding.  I am so glad I can give her that.

Another wonderful thing happened today in the nursery. We formed a Mother's Choir!! I was singing "Jesus Loves Me" to one of the twins and a Mom joined in!  Then I went to "Precious Jewels" and she knew that one too!  Before we knew it we were singing, "Count Your Blessings", "All through the night", "We are One in the Spirit", etc. We have a hard time communicating but we were singing together!  Now, they are teaching me a Swahili song and are  having fun laughing at my pronunciation.  As Jesus said, Suffer the children to come to me and forbid them not!  This was so real to me today. Mothers all over the world sing to their children and teach them that Jesus does indeed love them.

love to all and happy birthday Jack, glad you went to the circus!
nana and poppy
micki and marv 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home