Sunday, February 26, 2012

Nyanya=Nana




I haven't written in a couple of days because I have been very busy becoming a Nyanya to two beautiful little twin girls born on January 6,  2012  (4 days before our  grand daughter Tess was born in SC). They now weigh about 3 pounds each and require feeding every three hours.  Normally their mother would be breast feeding  them and Nyanya would only be a helper.  Sadly, their  mother died a few days after they were born.  She came into the hospital thinking that she would deliver at thirty weeks and instead she received the dire news that she had terminal liver cancer.   The mass that she thought was her pregancy hid a cancerous mass.   She was able to see the twins and hold them.  Her husband,  the twins father,  is an elderly farmer who has five other children ages 12 and under and does not know how he will take care of these babies.  He did come in to visit yesterday and talked with the pediatrician about the future.

My comfort in this situation is that I know that God loves these babies and knows them by name.  They are precious to Him as they are now precious to me.  I am loving and bonding with them in hopes of giving them a good start, but my heart is heavy when I think of what their lives might be like.   I don't think I could bear this situation if I did not trust the Lord to watch over them.   Please remember them and the many children around the world that only Jesus loves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home